Apply to be a Wish Supplier
My Wedding Wish is a national charity where couples who are facing terminal illnesses can apply to have a gorgeous wedding. My Wedding Wish is open to couples wanting to be legally married (must meet the legal criteria), same sex commitment ceremonies and renewal of vows ceremonies.
We’re looking for wedding suppliers across Australia who would like to gift their services, to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in our online form below. Being a supplier is an opt-in opt-out basis, you choose the weddings you’d like to gift to, and you decide what you’d like to gift. If for instance, you’re a photographer and wish to gift a one hour package, and the couple wants more, then they will pay you direct for the extra. If you’re a makeup artist and wish to gift makeup to the bride only but she has bridesmaids, she will need to pay for the extras.
Is there media? We leave that up to each couple – some couples want media, others don’t. You will get a mention on our website, and facebook feed though, and frankly, most of our suppliers gift because it’s totally awesome, not because they get extra work or recognition from it.
We’re setting up a national register and appointing State Wish Leaders to co-ordinate the applications as they come through. Once that’s done, we can offer sick couples an opportunity to have a beautiful gifted wedding, and offering suppliers around the country the opportunity to be involved in some amazingly satisfying work.
Things to know before you apply:
- MWW Head Office checks the medical history of all applications so you can have confidence that you’re gifting to a deserving couple.
- Media contacts would be awesome as would sponsorship co-ordination and epic communication skills. State Wish Leaders, with the help of Wish Leaders will be planning our national foundational parties across Australia – so if you love planning a good party, you’re a great start-up!
- Training sessions are scheduled – if you could attend in person that would be great, otherwise we can Skype you in (all travel costs will be tax deductible for you!) An Operations Manual will be available to ensure quality control.
- We have a registered Psychologist as Grief Counsellor on board for our couples and their families (and us!). It’s pretty gut-wrenching when our gorgeous people pass.
- Yes, you can be the State Wish Leader and the Wish Leader.
- Bigger states like Queensland will have two State Wish Leaders (eg. North and South)
- To save volunteer burnout, we’re going to rotate the State Wish Leader roles!
- Is this full time? Not even close! We don’t know how many gifted weddings we’ll be working on, some weddings are planned months in advance, while others are last minute weddings with little to no planning time. On the Sunshine Coast this year, we’ve organised 6 gifted weddings. ACT have had 2 in 4 months. Obviously, the more people get to know about our amazing work, the busier we’ll get – that’s why a great network is important!
- You’ll be able to advertise that you’re part of our awesome team by displaying our ‘Proud Supplier; logo on your website, business cards etc.
- We’re into marriage equity, so if you’re not, maybe we won’t be a fabulous fit.
- Other suppliers can enter their details into our database through the form, so if you want to apply as a celebrant only, then head to the site and put your details there. Those keen to be Wish Leaders please send a letter and CV to email@example.com – and include your mobile number as one of our team will give you a call to chat about the roles
- Check out our website and join us on Facebook
- Contact Lynette if you want to chat 0400 595 679 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ACN 613 050 105 ABN 68 613 050 105 CH2839