My Wedding Wish is a registered national Charity that gifts weddings to the terminally ill Australia wide since 2013.
Generous ‘My Wedding Wish” suppliers and community fundraising efforts are able to ensure that our couples can have a care and burden free celebration without the stress of organisational challenges, time issues and limiting budgets.
Watch our CEO Lynette Maguire – tell our story!
Recent Wedding Wishes Granted
How To Become A Wish Recipent…..
- One or both parties must be diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than five year’s life expectancy
- Proof of the medical diagnosis must be supplied
- The wedding must be between Monday-Thursday (unless otherwise determined by Head Office)
- No guarantee of what will be donated is given – the value may vary
- We no longer gift renewal of vow ceremonies, or ceremonies for couples affected by natural disasters or special circumstances
How it all happens:
- An application is received into Head Office on the Sunshine Coast, Qld and the criteria is checked. Application can be made by visiting our Grant My Wish Page
- The couple is interviewed and any further medical paperwork is lodged.
- The couple pick a date, time and ceremony spot – and off we go… the planning starts
- The State Wish Leader is contacted with the couple’s details and a Wish Leader, usually a celebrant or wedding planner, is contacted and begins to pull together an awesome wedding team. The Wish Leader then deals directly with the couple to arrange their beautiful day.
- An approved application will incur a once off fee of $750 that the charity needs to process and coordinate your wish. We encourage you to raise this money via your community through a My Cause Page we will create for you. Applicants may present special circumstances in case this fee needs to be re-evaluated.
- Applicants will need to make sure that they are reasonably available to My Wedding Wish staff and the gifting suppliers to coordinate the details of your special day. Timely supply of information, stories, photographs, supporting documentation and any video snippets in the lead up will help this process run smoothly.
Our suppliers are generous of spirit and ask for nothing in return, many do not ask for acknowledgements when the media becomes involved, and they donate their product or services because of their desire to help make our couples’ dreams come true. We’re all so very very proud to be part of something so beautiful.
Founder, Celebrant Dr Lynette Maguire, says a key value of My Wedding Wish is that “everyone deserves a beautiful wedding”. The suppliers and sponsors agree!