Apply to be gifted wedding supplier
My Wedding Wish is a national charity where couples who are facing terminal illnesses can apply to have a gorgeous wedding. My Wedding Wish is open to couples wanting to be legally married (must meet the legal criteria), same sex commitment ceremonies and renewal of vows ceremonies.
We’re looking for wedding suppliers across Australia who would like to gift their services, to contact us on email@example.com or fill in our online form. Being a supplier is an opt-in opt-out basis, you choose the weddings you’d like to gift to, and you decide what you’d like to gift. If for instance, you’re a photographer and wish to gift a one hour package, and the couple wants more, then they will pay you direct for the extra. If you’re a makeup artist and wish to gift makeup to the bride only but she has bridesmaids, she will need to pay for the extras.
Is there media? We leave that up to each couple – some couples want media, others don’t. You will get a mention on our website, and facebook feed though, and frankly, most of our suppliers gift because it’s totally awesome, not because they get extra work or recognition from it.
We’re setting up a national register and appointing State Wish Leaders to co-ordinate the applications as they come through. Once that’s done, we can offer sick couples an opportunity to have a beautiful gifted wedding, and offering suppliers around the country the opportunity to be involved in some amazingly satisfying work.
Apply to be a State Wish Leader, Wish Leader
Each gifted wedding is co-ordinated by a Wish Leader, usually the celebrant, who pulls together a team of like-minded awesome wedding suppliers who are happy to gift to a couple’s ceremony. To be a Wish Leader you must be well networked in the wedding industry in your area, can think on your feet and problem solve, have amazing administration and management skills, buckets of empathy and flexibility, techy skills for social media, and a kicking sense of humour. You’ll need all this because you’ll be the ‘boss’ on the day, and you’ll be face of My Wedding Wish in the media (where appropriate), and for our couples who deserve a beautiful wedding. Wish Leaders liaise with the couple, all suppliers, the State Wish Leader and Head Office. The minimum wedding would consist of a celebrant, an hour of professional photography (about 100 hi-res images), bridal hair and makeup and bridal flowers and buttonhole. What happens after that is word gets around and pretty soon you could have a huge white wedding planned because wedding people are amazingly generous!
State Wish Leader:
When an application is received, checked for eligibility and given the okay, Head Office sends the details to the State Wish Leader who calls for a Celebrant (aka Wish Leader) in the selected area. The State Wish Leader oversees and helps the Wish Leader where necessary. State Wish Leaders oversee all gifted weddings in their State so you’ll need to be well networked, switched on, internet savvy, empathetic and flexible, and again, have a sense of humour. State Wish Leaders liaise with Wish Leaders and Head Office. Training will be given for State Wish Leaders who will in turn, train the Wish Leaders.
To apply to be a State Wish Leader or Wish Leader:
Send a one page CV and a cover letter letting us know how awesome you are and why you want to get involved to firstname.lastname@example.org and phone Lynette on 0400 595 679 if you want to chat it through.
- MWW Head Office checks the medical history of all applications so you can have confidence that you’re gifting to a deserving couple.
- Media contacts would be awesome as would sponsorship co-ordination and epic communication skills. State Wish Leaders, with the help of Wish Leaders will be planning our national foundational parties across Australia – so if you love planning a good party, you’re a great start-up!
- There will be a training weekend 2017 date and place to be decided – if you could attend in person that would be great, otherwise we can skype you in (all travel costs will be tax deductible for you!) An Operations Manual will be available to ensure quality control
- We have a registered Psychologist as Grief Counsellor on board for our couples and their families (and us!) It’s pretty gut-wrenching when our gorgeous people pass.
- Yes, you can be the State Wish Leader and the Wish Leader.
- Bigger states like Queensland will have two State Wish Leaders (eg. North and South)
- To save volunteer burnout, we’re going to rotate the State Wish Leader roles!
- Is this full time? Not even close! We don’t know how many gifted weddings we’ll be working on, some weddings are planned months in advance, while others are last minute weddings with little to no planning time. On the Sunshine Coast this year, we’ve organised 6 gifted weddings. ACT have had 2 in 4 months. Obviously, the more people get to know about our amazing work, the busier we’ll get – that’s why a great network is important!
- You’ll be able to advertise that you’re part of our awesome team by displaying our ‘Proud Supplier; logo on your website, business cards etc.
- We’re into marriage equity, so if you’re not, maybe we won’t be a fabulous fit.
- Other suppliers can enter their details into our database through the website: myweddingwish.org – the form should be ready within the next week or two, so if you want to apply as a celebrant only, then head to the site and put your details there. Those keen to be Wish Leaders please send a letter and CV to email@example.com – and include your mobile number as one of our team will give you a call to chat about the roles J
- Check out our website myweddingwish.org and join us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WeddingWish/
- Contact Lynette if you want to chat 0400 595 679 or firstname.lastname@example.org