Chrissy and Nathan, December 2013. The first Wish
Christina Franklin, 26 of Cotton Tree and her fiancé Nathan Moon were gifted the 2013 My Wedding Wish $24,000 white wedding. The ceremony and reception was held in December 2013, in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
Ms Franklin suffers from Adenocarcinoma of the bowel and metastasis in the liver. She was diagnosed when she was 21 weeks pregnant with the couple’s second child, and advised that she would not survive the pregnancy without starting chemotherapy immediately. A caesarean section was booked for 36 weeks, but tragically their son died in utero at 35 weeks.
The couple’s other son, 14 month old Blair has feeding, respiratory and development problems which require ongoing medical intervention.
Ms Franklin has chemotherapy on a fortnightly basis, and her condition is terminal with doctors saying she has 2-3 years to live. When told they were being offered the prize, Ms Franklin and Mr Moon were ecstatic. “I can’t believe it,” Ms Franklin said, “I never win anything.” Mr Moon added that, “Now she’ll have something positive to direct her energies to.”
Bridesmaid Hayley Brooke said that winning the wedding had been such a positive change to Christina’s life and that “she has something positive to focus on for a change”.
Check out the absolutely brilliant work of Norman Benecke from Divine Studios who put together this beautiful short video of Chrissy and Nathan ! Get your tissues ready!
Our suppliers on the day:
– Accommodation – Secrets on the Lake
– Bonbonnieres – The Chocolate Petal
– Bridal hair – River Terrace Hair Studio
– Bridal headpieces- A Veiled Affair, North Brisbane
– Bridal nails – On Trend Beauty
– Cake – Sweet Creations, Buderim
– Celebrant – Lynette Maguire
– Ceremony styling – Decorating Divas
– Ceremony venue- Maleny Manor
– DJ/Music – Elite Sounds Entertainment
– Flowers – Willow Bud
– Invitations – Invitation Designs by Eliza, Brisbane
– Keepsake bouquets – Crystal Wedding Boutique
– Photo booth – Noosa Photo Booths
– Photography – Andrea Sproxton Photography
– Proprietor / organiser – Lynette Maguire
– Reception styling – Coast to Country Weddings and Events
– Suits – Suits Direct, Mooloolaba
– Reception Venue – The Badgers Firkin English Pub, Flaxton (business closed)
– Sweet Table – Sweet Tables by Marie (business closed)
– Videography – Divine Studios, Brisbane
– Wedding bands – Sunstate Jewellers, Caloundra
– Wedding cars – A Chevy Experience
– Wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses – Exquisite Gowns by Yvonne, Morayfield
– Wellness Coaching – The Body Whisperer