My Wedding Wish is a national charity where couples who are facing terminal illness can apply to receive a fully gifted wedding ceremony
Wedding suppliers around Australia are pooling their resources to donate to My Wedding Wish to make dreams come true.
Since 2013 wedding suppliers around Australia have come together to gift over $450,000 of beautiful ceremonies to couples who are battling terminal illnesses. In June 2016, My Wedding Wish Ltd registered as a national charity and we now gift weddings and same sex commitment ceremonies around Australia, with chapters in each State.
- One or both parties must be diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than five year’s life expectancy
- Proof of the medical diagnosis must be supplied
- The wedding must be between Monday-Thursday (unless otherwise determined by Head Office)
- No guarantee of what will be donated is given – the value may vary
- We no longer gift renewal of vow ceremonies, or ceremonies for couples affected by natural disasters or special circumstances
How it all happens:
- An application is received into Head Office on the Sunshine Coast, Qld and the criteria is checked. Here’s the form:
or you can apply through the website
- The couple is interviewed and any further medical paperwork is lodged.
- The couple pick a date, time and ceremony spot – and off we go… the planning starts
- The State Wish Leader is contacted with the couple’s details and a Wish Leader, usually a celebrant or wedding planner, is contacted and begins to pull together an awesome wedding team. The Wish Leader then deals directly with the couple to arrange their beautiful day.
Our suppliers are generous of spirit and ask for nothing in return, many do not ask for acknowledgements when the media becomes involved, and they donate their product or services because of their desire to help make our couples’ dreams come true. We’re all so very very proud to be part of something so beautiful.
Founder, Celebrant Dr Lynette Maguire, says a key value of My Wedding Wish is that “everyone deserves a beautiful wedding”. The suppliers and sponsors agree!
Watch some of our inspirational wedding videos where love really does conquer all.