My Wedding Wish is an national charity where couples who are facing terminal illness can apply to receive a fully gifted wedding.
Wedding suppliers in Australia are pooling their resources to donate to My Wedding Wish to make dreams come true.
Since 2013 wedding suppliers around Australia have come together to gift over $350,000 of beautiful ceremonies to couples who are battling terminal illnesses. In June 2016, My Wedding Wish Ltd registered as a national charity and we now gift weddings and same sex commitment ceremonies around Australia, with chapters in each State.
- One or both parties must be diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than five year’s life expectancy
- Proof of the medical diagnosis must be supplied
- The wedding must be between Monday-Thursday (unless otherwise determined by Head Office)
- No guarantee of what will be donated is given – the value may vary
- We no longer gift renewal of vow ceremonies, or ceremonies for couples affected by natural disasters or special circumstances
How it all happens:
- An application is received into Head Office and the criteria is checked. Here’s the form:
- The couple is interviewed and any further medical paperwork is lodged.
- The State Wish Leader is contacted with the couple’s details and a Wish Leader, usually the celebrant, is contacted and begins to organise an awesome wedding team. The Wish Leader then deals directly with the couple to arrange their beautiful day.
Our suppliers are generous of spirit and ask for nothing in return, many do not ask for acknowledgements when the media becomes involved, and they donate their product or services because of their desire to give a hand out to couples in need. Our couples treated with respect and love, and the coming together of family and friends sees all of them grow bigger than their situation.
Founder, Celebrant Lynette Maguire, says a key value of My Wedding Wish is that “everyone deserves a beautiful wedding”. The suppliers and sponsors agree!
Watch some of our inspirational wedding videos where love really does conquer all.